- Saint Barnabas Medical Center’s Revolution 256 Slice CT is truly advanced in so many ways. It is extremely fast, efficiently scanning whole body images within seconds, greatly reducing the time of the scan, and imaging the entire heart in one heartbeat.
- Radiation exposure is the lowest possible while acquiring
superior images that provide accurate diagnoses.
- The innovative design and engineering make it significantly quieter than any other CT.
- It can comfortably accommodate individuals up to 675 pounds.
- The 256 Slice Revolution CT delivers high definition imaging across the entire body and provides:
- Cardiac exams in a single heartbeat without beta-blockers
- TAVR planning
- Brain perfusion and angiography for stroke
- Whole-brain imaging in less than a second
- Detailed bone imaging, even for patients with metal implants
- Pulmonary embolism studies.
Saint Barnabas Medical Center is the first hospital in New Jersey to offer the 256 Slice General Electric(GE) Revolution CT Scanner. As a comprehensive stroke center, this advanced technology is located in SBMC’s Emergency Department supporting the rapid diagnosis and treatment of patients experiencing symptoms of a stroke.